Women’s Day 2012: there were more than 80 women present at our event this year. These women were volunteers, host mothers, foster mothers and women who give regular donations and go out of their way to make our children feel special.
Mr Mark Kleinsmith, a stalwart in the community, was the guest speaker. He was in praise of women, stating that the world revolves around them, that it all started with women. He mentioned how his mother played a phenomenol role in his life and helped him to be the person that he is today.
Our aim with this day is to honour women who have been involved at our home, and have in one way or another helped us build a brighter future for these children. We make these women feel special for this one day, as they make our children feel special the whole year – whether it is through song or through reading, baking a cake or dropping off a donation of products or clothing. On this day, we return that favour.
“Laughter is the best medicine” for tired and weary souls. Be honest, we seldom make time for ourselves to just sit and relax – so every year CRCH ensures that these women sit back and relax on Women’s Day after which they can go about their hustle and bustle the rest of the 355 days of the year.
Shaina, a good friend to our home, rendered two items in song and Lauren & Angelique, 2 young girls from the Eoan Group did some modern dancing in their private capacity ( daugthers of a staff member).
Each patron received a “goody bag” filled with surprises – all items were donated. A special thanks to the following companies and individuals who helped us through their contributions, ensuring a successfull event:
- Welgelegen ladies – financial donation / juice
- Merry Pak – for donation of bags
- Cambridge University Press – donations of pens
- Magmark – donation of magnetic bookmarks
- Media 24 – donation of Magazines
- Simba -Mr Van Reenen- donation of Simba chips
- Pasella – donation of Pasella Cook books
- Athlone Pharmacy – donation of tissues / chocolates
- Remax – Karryn Cartoulis – donation of chocolates
- You 2 Africa – Financial donation for keyrings
- AV Direct – Use of Sound System- free of charge
- Indigo Brands – donation of perfumes
- Appletiser – Donation of Appletiser drinks
- Madigra – use Props for photos – free of charge
- Frost (Pty) Ltd – donation of lipbalm
- Jou ma se Comedy Club – sponsorship of Comedians/ vouchers
- Worley Parsons – donation of Pens
- Southern Sun- The Cullinan – donation of stationary/ Cellphone holders
- Willemse hiring – use of table cloths/ overlays free of charge