- Mandela Day started on the 17th July with Tsogo Sun Hotel treating our children & staff with a lunch.
- The 18th started off with several individuals bringing donations of clothes, blankets & cakes.
- UTC Fire & security dropped off a cheque and some toys.
- Mthente Research & Consulting cleaned windows and walls and interacted with the children – their MD even did some ironing!
- An ESKOM team together with their MD cleaned up in and around the home, washing the vehicles and more windows.
- Lofdal Congregation donated a pot of Soup.
- Price Waterhouse Coopers brought snack boxes for the children (they were handed out the next day).
- 5one Marketing donated food and clothes.
- Valkenberg Hospital Ward 1 – Toiletries
- Aptronics dontaed clothes and nappies.
- Masthead Communications dropped off donations from our list of needs.
- Golden Grove Primary delivered bread.
And Last but not least – TUV SUD arranged a Fun Day for the children with fire trucks and fire men, as well as a puppet show and face painting. They also donated goods to the value of approximately R 20 000 and each of the children received a gift that was donated by the staff members of TUV SUD.
Special thanks to all of these “guardian angels” who spent their 67 minutes and more at our children’s home and bringing a smile to our children faces – thank you for a special contribution. You all added value on Mandela Day – THANK YOU!![nggallery id=18]