WOW, what a day! It is such a great inspiration that one man can make such a major difference in the lives of so many.
At Christine Revell Children’s home we tried to accomodate as many people as possible:
- The morning started out with Wendy and friends assisting with the babies from 8h00 – 10h00.
- 5 Representatives from the Department of Transport and Public Works were here from 8h00 – 12h00 doing parameter checks, cleaning the courtyard and washing the vehicles.
- A 10h00 snack filled with a sandwich, fruit, juice, cheese wedge and cocktail tomatoes was provided by Cambridge University Press Staff .
- At 12h00 the children were served with lunch by the staff of the Cullinan Hotel – the meal prepared by their chef – here in action dishing the food for the children.
- At 2’o’clock, ladies from Old Mutual dropped off a donation from their staff (products and groceries) and spent some time with the babies.
- After the children had their afternoon nap, representatives from Kirk Marketing provided cupcakes for an afternoon snack.
- Shalena Naidoo & friends from Servest Marine provided supper and donated some groceries. Both these groups played Ball games with the older children.
- On Thursday, simply because we could not also fit it in on Mandela Day, but also in aid of the 67 minutes, some staff from Santam washed the windows (inside and outside) of parts of the home.
We are, as always, very grateful to all who came to our home to help us. Thank you to all!