You Should KnowGiving doesn’t have to be a difficult thing
We welcome donations of any kind
and are extremely grateful for your contribution. We have ongoing monthly needs and donations of cash, or practical items that we also need like nappies, baby formula, washing powder, toilet rolls and many more …….for an up to date list – do ask us.
You can donate your time as a volunteer
Children need individual attention – more than our hard-working staff can give all the time. The support of volunteers makes a big difference in the lives of the children, who thrive under the individual attention volunteers can give them. Volunteers are asked to commit themselves for at least two months and to specific time slots so that their services can be effectively integrated with the duties of the staff with whom they work. They help with the daily duties and stimulate the children through more individual attention – especially at play time and meal times. There are quarterly meetings for volunteers where concerns, problems and achievements are worked through.
Because of medical needs related to HIV, alcohol abuse or social issues, our children are in need of more medical attention. We have a panel of volunteer doctors who take turns to visit the Home once a week. They refer the children to hospitals in the vicinity: Groote Schuur, Somerset and Red Cross Children’s. Medication prescribed by our doctors is obtained from the Abdurgahman Day Hospital, but some of the special medication is not supplied by the state clinics and has to be purchased at a local pharmacy.
Volunteers from abroad
Our overseas volunteer programme has grown enormously over the past number of years and young people from across the world have spent time helping here. Volunteers help at meal times and with play sessions, games and outings for smaller groups of children. Their willingness to assist and gain experience is very rewarding for children and staff. Volunteers should be at least 20 years old, be willing to commit themselves for a period of at least two months, and will be asked to work four days per week from 08:30 to 17:00. For further information, please contact us at the home directly.
Volunteers from companies and organisations often offer their services for specific projects. Such corporate volunteers organise outings and parties for the children. They also offer their services regarding upkeep and maintenance of the building and equipment.
Whatever Works for YouWe accept both EFT and Snapscan Donations
We welcome donations of any amount and are extremely grateful for your contribution. If you wish to donate directly, there are several ways to do so. You can:
- send a cheque
- deposit a once-off amount via Snapscan or EFT – see below
- arrange a monthly debit order/stop order through your bank
Please use the methods below to make a donation.
Quick & Easy donationsDonate via Snapscan
To donate via SnapScan, open the SnapScan app on your phone and snap the image below.
Monthly or Once-off donationsDonate via EFT
To donate with a monthly debit order or once-off, our banking details are below:
Bank: First National Bank
Branch number: 202409
Account number: 5133 1151278
Account name: Christine Revell Childrens Home
Swift Code: FIRNZA JJ133
Please let us know about your donation to enable us to thank you!
If you prefer to remain anonymous, please accept our heartfelt thank you here.
Quick & Easy donationsDonate via MySchool
Support your favourite school or charity without costing you a cent
What is MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet?
MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet is South Africa’s biggest community support programme which raises funds for schools and charities in order to improve education and social development. MySchool allows anyone to raise funds for their favourite school or charity. It really is so easy!
Apply for a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card today. It is free to you. Swipe your card at retailers across the country every time you shop. The store will donate a percentage of your purchase to your selected beneficiary, on your behalf.
How does MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet work?
- Get a free card online or simply phone 0860 100 445. You can also get a card at any Woolworths store.
- Nominate your school or charity as the beneficiary.
- Swipe your card whenever you make a purchase at any partner store (these include Woolworths, Engen Quikshops, Toys R Us, Waltons, Reggie’s, kalahari.com, Power24 and more).
- The partner will donate a percentage of your purchases to your beneficiary!
Benefits of having a MySchool Card:
- Raise funds without it costing you a cent!
- Receive exclusive discounts from selected partners, such as WRewards at Woolworths & Special offers from partner. You can find the latest special offers for cardholders here.
- Receive a monthly statement via email showing you transactions and how much your beneficiary has raised.
- You can use your card at over 1 500 different stores. Find the partner stores in your area here.
Contact MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet:
E-mail Client Services: email@example.com
Telephone: 0860 100 445
Fax: 0866 822 833
Current NeedsWhat we need at the moment
Our urgent current needs are for the following items:
- 2 -3 irons for the laundry section
- 2 Food processors for kitchen areas – for babies food - these get heavy use – so good brands please
- 40-50 Bath towels
- 6 Laundry baskets
- 6 Brooms
- 4 Verimark mops for tiled areas – kitchen & dining room, laundry, and passages / bathrooms with 4 extra changes of the fibre cloths for the mop
- 4-6 fibre cloths for furniture cleaning
If you can help with any of these items – or if you could donate towards them, please call ALICIA RHODA on 021-697 1748 or CONTACT US