Thank God the weather held up. On Saturday 2 April our annual Bazaar and Auction was held – the success of this outdoor event is always subject to weather conditions. But we came ready having even umbrellas on sale! The crowd was eager to spend and we had a variety of stalls, all helping us raise funds for the children’s home.
Special thanks to all the staff that assisted on the day and the preparations beforehand – pricing the items and to offer special bargains to our patrons.
Thank you to everyone who gave donations towards the event in kind and also those who donated towards the auction:
- the Bric a Brac table that was hosted by the staff
- furniture donated by RMS Shopfitting
- hampers donated by Brandon Brown
- vouchers donated by Tigger Cruise and the Protea Hotel
- donations in kind from Athlone Gas, Maitland farms, N1 restaurant
- Stall Holders – Direct Axis , ENAM, Church in Westridge , Deidre and Carol, Ashleigh ( 8 years old), Order of St. Lazarus Church, Deborah Gericke, Nariman Davids
Special thanks to the host parents and extra helpers at the various stalls.
Our income was just over R 45 000, but we also sold office desks beforehand that were donated by Socca Laduma and FNB that definitely pushes the profit margin to over R 50 000 for this event! One of the bric a brac stalls hosted by Anneline Scholtz, Mathilda Ruiters and Rayleen Gertse raised over R 11 000. This would not have been possible without the commitment from the patrons and the donations.
A very BIG thank you to all who came and to all who helped, donated and sponsored![nggallery id=38]