Christine Revell Children’s home celebrated their 40th Anniversary recently. The home started up in September 1975, caring for 49 children, aged from birth to 6 years, that come from backgrounds of abandonment, abuse and neglect.
We are glad to announce our 40th Anniversary as an organisation rendering services to the community, having grown from strength to strength. Our Annual Dance was attended by people involved in the home in some or other way – as volunteers, supporters or just part of our Circle of Friends. DJ Ben played different genres of music to cater for all tastes, ensuring the floor was occupied by dancers throughout the evening.
We would like to thank all the patrons who have helped make this dance so memorable and special. Thank you for your ongoing support and for the efforts with regard to ticket sales and for your presence. The evening would not have been the same without you. We had a Silent Auction with items donated and a Pop-a-Balloon table that helped us raise more funds. The proceeds of the event will be used only for the needs of the children in our care.
Special thanks to our sponsors :
- Algoa c/o Tony Press – financial sponsorship towards expenses of the dance
- Cape Milner Hotel – sponsorship of vouchers as prizes and Auction
- Athlone Pharmacy – prizes
- Ameerah Osman – donation of prizes
- Golden Arrow Bus service – staff donation of snacks
- Rondebosch Medical Centre staff – snack donation
- Light saver – prizes; juices and financial donation
- Grand west – Quarterdeck Voucher
- Ina Paarman – donation of prizes
- Afrox – donation of helium
- Meihuizen International – sponsorship of J cost
- Scheltema – donations of wines
- Vermaak – donation of wines; and financial donation
- Dion Fabe – on behalf of Wine farms – donation of wines
- Wine of the month club – donation of wine –Auction
- Lemboe family – Samoosas
- Ajax Management – Ajax T Shirt – for auction
- Elsies River Northlink CC – Coke & Beers
- Wenhold donation of prizes
- Host parents – donations of snacks/ wines/ juices
- Brandon Brown – Financial sponsorship
- N1 Road lodge – voucher – given to person with most ticket sales
- Viking Print – donation of printed tickets
- Van Reen family – 40th Anniversary Banner
Special thanks to the Dance committee who worked behind the screens in planning this event:
Shireen van Reenen, Lea Willemse, Anneline Scholtz, Carmelita Stoffels, Bomkazi Zonke, Rayleen Gertse, Elsabe Rudolph, Siziwe Alam;,Mathilda Ruiters.
To the rest of the staff for their commitment in assisting where necessary even if they weren’t on the committee.[nggallery id=35]